- Cracked/broken panes;
- Binding during operation;
- Failure to lock;
- Hardware damaged/inoperable/out of adjustment;
- Missing/stripped cranks;
- Operator arm failure;
- Moisture damage;
- Sun damage;
- Weather-stripping components
TEMPERED GLASS REQUIREMENTS
Tempered glass will be permanently marked as tempered- usually by etching- in a corner or along one edge.
Tempered glass is required where ALL OF THE FOLLOWING apply:
- The glass is larger than 9 square feet;
- The bottom edge of exposed glass is within 18 inches of the floor/walking surface;
- The top edge of the glass is more than 36 inches above the floor/walking surface;
- There is a walking surface within 36” horizontally from the edge of the glass;
- Glass in a tub or shower where the bottom edge of the glass is less than 60 inches above the floor/walking surface;
- Glass adjacent to a door where the nearest vertical edge is within 24” of the arc of the door and whose bottom edge is less than 60” from the floor or walking surface.
- Glass in stairways, landings, and ramps when the walking surface is within 36” of the glass, and the bottom edge of the glass is less than 60” from the walking surface.