- Log Building Standards from the International Log Builder's Association (free).
- ICC 400-2017: Standard on the Design and Construction of Log Structures (Purchase only).
- InterNACHI's Log Home Inspection Course (free to members)
- Log Home Inspection Checklist, by Kenton Shepard $29.99
In addition to the systems commonly inspected in a conventional home, inspection of log homes typically includes examination of the following:
- General type: manufactured or handcrafted;
- Wall logs: condition and general construction method;
- General structural integrity;
- Allowance for settling (when necessary)
- Corner notches: type and fit;
- Log extensions: configuration and condition;
- Chinking: type and condition;
- Finish coating:condition; and
NOTE: Inspection is limited to those components that are readily visible at the time of the inspection.