Which element is burned out?
- If the upper element is burned out, the water will not be very hot.
- If the lower element is burned out, the water will be hot, but only for a short time
- Missing electrical access cover
- Drip pan where required (attics)
- Protective pan must be made from an approved material; minimum 24 gauge galvanized steel or plastic
- Its minimum depth must be 1 1/2″
- It must have a minimum 3/4″ drain with a discharge pipe pitched for proper drainage into an approved location.
- Proper TPR and discharge pipe
- Expansion tank (where required
- No exposed wiring allowed.