Skip to content
- Clearance from obstructions (trees);
- No encroachment on neighboring properties;
Clearances Above Grade
- 10’ above walking surface (bottom of drip loop);
- 12’ above driveway;
- 18’ above a roadway; and
- 22.5’ above a pool (surface of water). 10’ measured horizontally from pool wall or diving structure.
Other Types of Clearances (clearances are rooftop to bottom of drip loop)
- 8’ (3m)- above a roof with 4&12 pitch or less;
- 3’ (3.7m)- above a roof steeper than 4&12;
- 18" (46 cm)- if mast is within 4 ft. of eave.
- 3’ (1m)- clearance from operable windows, doors, porches, balconies, stairs, or any other locations from which a person could touch the service conductors; and
- 12" (30cm)- from communications wires/cables at any point, including the point of attachment to the structure
At the Home:
- Service conductor condition (fraying);
- Drip loop, splice;
- Secure point of attachment;
- Masthead condition;
- Phenolic insulator.
- Service mast:
- Secure attachment, bracing;
- Approved type;
- Path to ground; and
- No other conductors of any type attached.
- Secure in socket, no damage
- Height: to center- 4’ min. 6’ max.