001 720 646-8724 Mobile (Whatsapp or text)
Mr. Shepard’s qualifications are as follows:
- 30 years in residential and light commercial construction in California and Colorado.
- Held a B General Contractor’s license in California.
- Contracted framing and finish in Colorado.
- Began Inspecting in 2000, inspected actively until 2010.
The International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI) is the world’s largest trade association for home inspector, with members in over 40 countries.
InterNACHI Inspection course instructor/writer/producer
Mr. Shepard is approved as a home inspection course instructor in the following states and provinces:
Alaska, Alberta, CA, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
US Inspection Courses:
- Log Home Inspection: (online written course) The only log home course created specifically for home inspectors.
- Green Building (online written course)
Roof Inspection (online video courses [wrote, produced, and hosted]):
- Inspecting Asphalt Shingle Roofs: 3.25 hours.
- Inspecting Wood Shake and Shingle Roofs: 50 minutes.
- Inspecting Tile Roofs: 47 minutes
- Inspecting Metal Roofs: 36 minutes
- Inspecting Slate Roofs: 71 minutes.
- Advanced HVAC Training for Inspectors (16 hours, co-produced, hosted)
- Fall protection demonstration (short, produced, hosted)
- Walking Concrete tile (short, produced, hosted)
As InterNACHI’s Director of International Development:
International Inspection courses authored:
- Introduction to Home Inspections: (Australia, South Africa, online written courses)
- Introduction to the Standards of Practice: (Australia, South Africa, online written courses)
- Roof Inspections: (South Africa, online written course)
- Soils, Substructure and Superstructure: (South Africa, online written course)
- México: Introdución a la Inspección Residencial de Pre-Compra: (México, online written course)
International Chapter Development:
- Wrote website content for the Australian, South African, Mexican, and Middle East InterNACHI chapters.
- Developed home inspection Standards of Practice for South Africa and Australia.
- Created the Entrance exams for InterNACHI South Africa and InterNACHI Australia.
- Lived/worked abroad 2012-2016: Australia, South Africa, México
Author of Building/Inspection-related material
- Mastering Roof Inspections: 147-article written online series.
- First edition of the InterNACHI Narrative Library, 2008
- Wrote 3 books for publication by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- Jobsite Phrasebook series, English/Spanish, 2003/2004
Designer/Builder, InterNACHI Houses of Horrors, COLORADO (I) AND FLORIDA (II)
Designed and constructed as teaching tools for home inspectors, InterNACHI’s Houses of Horrors are full-size, home-like structures built inside warehouses, making them available to students year-round. Students are challenged to identify defects built into the structural, roofing, wall cladding, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems See the Boulder house of Horrors.
Houses in the different regions are designed, as much as possible, to reflect the building practices common to those regions.
- He served on the review committees for the InterNACHI Entrance Exam and Standards of Practice.
- He reviewed mock reports submitted for approval by InterNACHI membership applicants.
- He offered an inspection report critique service for home inspectors (for profit service).
- Former member: National Association of Commercial Building Inspectors.